Health and Safety
COVID-19: How we ensure that our clients are safe
The safety and health of our clients is our top priority.
At Afri-Centric we are closely monitoring the course of the pandemic in all the regions in which we operate, and are only offering tours where visitors are permitted, and the conditions are safe. Adherence to safety guidelines (listed below) is non-negotiable.
Our events and tours are boutique and niche which provides an unmatched bespoke experience while also ensuring social distance.
If you’re ready to travel or host a special event, know that you’ll be in good hands.
How we’re keeping our community of clients, experts, partners and service providers safe:
We’ve instituted the following guidelines which take into account recommendations from leading experts including the WHO, South African Health Department, local and global travel associations. We are proud to adhere to the Southern African Tourism Association (SATSA) and Tourism Business Council SA (TBCSA) ‘s set of health and sanitization guidelines designed by tourism’s leading associations specifically for tour operator members.
View the COVID-19 Protocols for Tourism Industry Operations here.
- Pre-tour attestation that any entry and in-country requirements will be met including any "green" passes; that there has been no known exposure to someone who has shown COVID symptoms or received a positive COVID test 7 days prior to the start of the trip; and that travellers are displaying zero symptoms, however mild
- Face masks are to be worn at all times, regardless of local regulations or vaccination status
- Social distancing should be followed whenever possible
- Vaccinations are strongly recommended as we all want to travel with ease and rebuild our economies and livelihoods
- Stay home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have recently tested positive for COVID, or have been exposed to someone with symptoms or a positive test
- Keeping informed of global developments is driving our decisions on where to operate and we will communicate updates with you promptly
- Flexible cancellations give you peace of mind, knowing circumstances may change.
Here are the highlights:
- Full refund for cancellations made up to two weeks before your tour*
- 50% refund for cancellations made up to two days before your tour*
- More flexible terms apply for cancellations made due to “unforeseeable events” such as border closures etc.
- Partner adherence - our partners affirm their enhanced sanitation, disinfection, and deep cleaning practices prior to service. We fully ensure that safety will not be compromised at any stage.